Sunday, October 26, 2014

Dark and Stormy Nights

It's 1:50 am and we just had a weird, late October thunder storm with lots of lightning, wind and hail.  After it passed, I went out to check on the herd.  They were right where I thought they'd be, tucked into the barn, all sleeping together back to back, head to tail in a triangle of equine contentedness.  It's my turn now and I'll sleep well knowing that the only thing that bothered my herd on a dark and stormy night was an annoying flashlight beam hitting them in the eyes. 

5 comments:

  1. I heard that your area was going to get struck by nasty storms, I am glad all is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy a long beautiful fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad they were safe... and I keep meaning to tell you that I love the header with Tessa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is weird weather for this time of year. My animals all get flashlights in their eyes during morning chores. Soon it will be both morning and evening chores that will require a flashlight (sigh)

    ReplyDelete
  5. how many times have we gotten up to check on our animals, in all kinds of weather. its what we do

    ReplyDelete